Monday, November 21, 2022

Week 80: "Back in my day"

 This week flew by holy! Its starting to feel real haha. I hit single digits which is insane. I had a couple of lasts and lots of other things that qualify me as "old" in the mission. Hence the weekly title lol. That's the best I could come up with and I'm
running out of creativity for weeklies at this point.

Things to know:
- Had exit interviews with my mission president and he gave me the good old thumbs-up and some good advice for life haha. It went really well! I love President LeBaron. That one definitely made the bones feel a little rickety. I had a fun road trip with some Moscow sisters and even got to see Sister Bird and Woolston for a second so that was fun! We also got to hear Tanner and Zach sing their musical auditions for us.
- We had a fire lesson with our friend Mike Nash and I just straight up asked him what was holding him back from joining the church haha and he said going to church is hard for him so we taught him about the importance of it, how it blesses us, etc. Our fellowship was awesome too. He should be coming not this weekend but next.
- A recent convert named Brad's birthday was this week and we went out to lunch for it! May or may not be my 4th time to KCs burgers haha don't worry about it tho.
- We had a mission zone conference zoom connect and it was a good last one for me!
- One day we raked leaves and put them into a huge pile and jumped into it haha! Almost paralyzed myself doing a cannonball and landing straight on my legs lol but it was all good. And it was fun to bring out my inner child for a moment.
- Our members gave us money for helping rake their neighbors; so we got some Dutch bros of course (no coffee don't worry).
- Went on my last exchange this week with Sister Lundell :,))) So crazy. Excited to be on the plane together tho, I love her stinking guts!
- Our members brought the coolest friends to dinner and MIRACLES we are teaching them now. God is good! We also made a tech new and the story is legit! Long story short a couple months ago this girl requested to follow me and I usually don't approve random peoples requests, but I felt like I should accept hers. So then I do and she messaged me and said that she doesn't ever remember requesting to follow me, but that she had been praying to God for a sign and I approved her friend request. She had met with missionaries in the past and was praying to know if she should again and lo and behold there was a friend request from a missionary! So we started teaching her this week because she's finally 18! Super cool miracles.
- Random exciting side note: I finally learned how to do the "thop" noise!!! #iykyk #gocougs 
- Also my friend Aisha got married this week, congrats best friend I love you!!! 

Stories of the week:
- Uhh so this ones not really a story and I forgot to mention it last week and it goes along with the "old" theme. I officially got my first grey hair. Not joking. Proof of the stress a mission causes. Or maybe I've just become super wise?? Either way. I got a grey hair at 20 years old.
- I had a massive migraine this week while we were at our friends for service. She wanted us to help her put up wallpaper in her China cabinet but it was honestly a one person job because the cabinet wasn't big enough for both of us to reach inside of. So I asked her if I could sit down on her couch since my head hurt. She said yes and then she asked if she could pray for me and of course I was like psh yes who would say no to a prayer. Little did I know she was going to lay her hands on my head and try to heal me. Felt a little apostate but thats okay lol how was she supposed to know women can't do that. Long story short after the prayer and sitting on the couch for awhile I suddenly feel someone shaking me awake lol. I had fallen asleep for all of service. Haha I was so embarrassed. More proof that I'm old since I fell asleep on a burkalounger lol. It was a very nice nap tho and I woke up feeling refreshed! I guess naps and the "laying on of hands" really do heal you if you have enough faith.
- Also I'm absolutely shook. This week while doing family history (yep... still old) I found out that a woman that was married to multiple men can be sealed to all of her spouses after passing away. We even looked it up on the church's website to double check! So yeah the church is true.

Spiritual thought:
- Read some bomb verses this week as I am finishing up the Bible before I go home:

1 Peter 4:12-14 says "Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified"

When we suffer, we are like Christ. Bad things happen to good people all the time. Jesus Christ didn't deserve any of the things that happened to Him, and yet He still chose to submit to His Father's will. Its a hard pill to swallow, but I know that our trials and sufferings are for our benefit. Just think of this scripture next time you're going through it :))

Anywayyyy 

You only have to hear from me once more

Can't believe it's my last full week ahhhh

Definitely excited to go home 

I guess that makes me trunky 

Don't worry I'm still working hard 

Like a wise friend once said to me

"Trunky talk not trunky actions"

Bc I know I'm going to miss this black tag

So cheers to one last grind this week

Send your prayers my way!

Love you all and see you so soon,

Sis Diggy

1/2 of the WSM
9 days
Sister Dawson
Brad's Birthday
Exit Interviews
Home on the Rez
Last exchange
Lil Nez Perce in me
Pile of leaves
Sandy

LOL

Week 81: How far away is that plane?

Ahhhh. It's a weird feeling writing your last weekly about your last week as a missionary. I have had so many mixed emotions this week. ...